The most important factor in the growth of any business is the implementation of an effective strategy for customer service. This strategy should tend to set care and service standards offered to your customers leading to customer satisfaction and building a loyal customer base. A great customer service strategy should offer the following benefits
- Satisfied customers eventually lead to a loyal and strong customer base.
- Setting up of processes that delivers a consistent level of service along with measuring the effectiveness continuously.
- Increasing customer loyalty and making them happy results in recurring business and improving relationships with past as well as existing customers.
- Satisfied customers will become advocates of your product and will rave about it to everyone thus boosting up your revenue.
All businesses require effective customer service strategies to create a strong customer base. While talking particularly about the telecommunication business, customer service and past experiences are crucial factors for determining your success rate. According to a survey performed in 2017, if you improve customer experience then the telecom industry is the third most potentially strong industry. This report also suggests that telecommunication businesses should focus mainly on how to improve their worst experiences rather than further refining good experiences.
Below are discussed some main ways which help telecom businesses in revolutionizing customer service to improve customer loyalty and satisfaction.
- Understanding customer expectations – At present, customer service expectations are rising higher in telecom businesses. Almost 90% of telecom customers prefer automated service systems and user-friendly platforms for communicating with their service providers. Most customers prefer speaking to a friendly assistant who is empathetic and hates listening to recorded repetitive phrases about policies. In order to create seamless communication, you need to revisit all of your customers’ touchpoints through social surveys and listening to your customers’ thoughts.
- Focusing on Omni channels – The real need of a telecom customer is to achieve real-time interactions through live spectrum chats. There are various interaction mediums such as chats or phone calls. The customer service department should ensure easy switching from one platform to another without taking too much time. They would hate to start all over again. For instance, if a telecom customer would want to switch from live chat to phone call assistance one should not have to repeat their queries.
- Implementation of Artificial Intelligence-powered tools – The smartest practice adopted by telecom industries is the availability of smart staff for the customers that answer their queries through spectrum chats (Facebook, Twitter, emails, calls, FAQs, etc.) But, now 75% of the industries are adopting AI-based chatbots to ease the burden on the customer service department. The use of chatbots could lead to fast and 24/7 availability to telecom customers by resolving queries, suggesting better deals, sending payment reminders, and gaining user feedback for further improvements. Fraud prevention is another great advantage of using chatbots as it is efficient in monitoring and recognizing irregular behavior, then issuing alerts to telecom service providers.
- Acting smartly on collected feedback – The smartest practice of customer service in a telecom department is to focus on disturbed customers and understanding their pain points rather than gathering testimonials from satisfied customers. It’s important to know what went wrong so that information could be used in identifying customers who are planning to leave your telecom service. This identification could help you in retaining high risk customers through launching smart marketing campaigns.
Following above mentioned customer support strategies could help boost up your telecom business. But, this requires 24/7, fast and uninterrupted interactions with their customers. The strategies programmed by customer services department should be channelized enormously. It should offer various numbers, chat options, web pages for separate queries each handled by respective and technical staff. The customer care should offer assistance through
- Customer care phone numbers
- Live chats (i.e. Facebook, Twitter etc.)
- Chat forums
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Informative articles and blogposts
All of the above mentioned channels should be operated by knowledgeable staff who should be able to handle any query regarding hardware, sales, telecom account, bill payments, store locations etc. Each should be handled by separate contact numbers to increase your customer network. More and more satisfied customers would eventually help in boosting up your telecom business.
In a nutshell,
The telecommunication business is a rapidly growing industry all over the world. To sustain the profitability and success rate, it is recommended to follow all the customer support strategies. A well-trained customer-support team helps in boosting the business more effectively.